COVID-19 Resources to support families
People/Organisations offering support to families during this time
If you require support from Father Hudson please contact the school.
Educational psychologist telephone helpline for parents and carers
Do you as a parent or carer at home with your children during the school shut down, feel that you need someone to talk to about how you can cope with this challenging time for families?
Please click here to open the flyer for further information
You will be offered an initial telephone consultation of 30 minutes with a psychologist and a potential follow up session of another 30-minute consultation at a later date. These will be Monday-Friday, within standard working hours.
Social story to explaining about the Coronavirus click here
E Bug Key Stage 1 Pack - click here
Story about pandemic and coronavirus click here
Birmingham SEND Local Offer COVID-19
Resources for Autism
From today they are launching an emergency helpline for families which will be available out of hours from 5pm – 9: 30pm 7 days a week.
The number to call is 07891 476 293.
Resources For Autism will ring the family back. At any other time, families can call the Resources for Autism office numbers as normal.
Catherine Mohan from the Communication and Autism Team has forwarded these links.
- National Autistic Society – guidance and helpline for parents’, young people and staff: https://www.autism.org.uk/services/nas-schools/vanguard/news/2020/march/coronavirus-(covid-19)-advice.aspx
- Mencap - Easy Read guide to Coronavirus: https://www.mencap.org.uk/sites/default/files/2020-03/Information%20about%20Coronavirus%20ER%20SS2.pdf
- Place2Be – Guide to helping parents answer questions from their children and to support family wellbeing: https://www.place2be.org.uk/about-us/news-and-blogs/2020/march/coronavirus-information-for-children/
- Young Minds - Talking to your child about Coronavirus and 10 tips from their Parents Helpline to support family wellbeing: https://youngminds.org.uk/blog/talking-to-your-child-about-coronavirus/
- Carers UK - Guidance for carers: https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/health/looking-after-your-health/coronavirus-covid-19
- Covibook – an interactive resource designed to support and reassure children aged 7 and under, designed to help children explain and draw the emotions that they might be experiencing during the pandemic: https://www.mindheart.co/descargables
- Amaze - information pack for parents https://amazesussex.org.uk/faqs-about-the-coronavirus-for-parent-carers-of-children-with-send-brighton-hove/
- Public Health England have produced an easy read version of their Advice on the coronavirus for places of education. You can download it here.
West Midlands Speech and Language Therapy
If your child has Speech and Language Therapy in school please
email West Midlands Speech and Language Therapy with with the name of your child and school and they will get back to you as soon as possible with resources.
Please note that the service cannot currently support those children who are not on caseload.